Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Day one

Life after the freeze. A sims 3 legacy.


Dark times are coming in this sims 3 legacy challenge. Dark, wet, snow at the bottom of your socks kind of times. This is my founder Jonathon Simson. I have set my weather options to winter only. There will be no electricity or electronic devices. He can eat only what he can catch or grow. Jonathon must also find a wife to continue with this legacy. Someone who will be his partner through these trying times.
Strap in, let's see what happens.  
 
"Okay guys the freeze is coming. I have two days and $1500 to make my shelter before it hits. Except I jut sold this weird portal thing, so I have a little more than planned. I found what I think will be a good spot to build my shelter. right here"
 
"I am right next to this waterfall. I think it will be a good source of water for me because it hopefully wont freeze when the snow starts to fly.  Now I have to go get some planting supplies"
 
"So i just bought my seeds and fertilizer. I almost gasped when I saw how much it cost my. But then I remembered. In a couple of days this money I have in my pocket is going to be worthless. Might as well spend it while I can"
 
 
"It's hard to believe that in a week all of this is going to be underneath a snow drift. Its to creepy to think about. I have to keep going cause if I stop to think about it for to long, I start panicking"
 
 
"There is a guy dressed in a lama outfit in my yard. People have strange ways of coping with impending disaster"
"All this talking of the big storm is crap! nothing is going to happen! We are fine!"
 
 
"There is not going to be a storm!"
 
"Dude what is with the lama outfit?"
"I have to wear it so that when the aliens come down they won't recognize me as human!"
"so.....um what are you planning for this storm that is coming?"
"The aliens will save me!"
"Right.....good luck with that"
 
 
 
"Lama aliens guys. Going to save us all.  So in case that doesn't happen I am going to get started on my house right now"
"The sun is starting to set, but my house is built. Come on in, sit a spell!"
 
"So here it is. It is only one room right now, but then it's just me at the moment and one room is easier to heat than half a dozen"
 
 
"I found these at a yard sale. I patched em' up and they should do for now. I may end up making my own furniture you never know"
 
 
"I cut lots of windows so that once the power goes out I will still have allot of natural light at least during the day. I put in double panes so that hopefully I won't loose to much heat out of them as well"
 
"I built my fireplace as well. This is going to be my main heat source. It smokes a bit but it's the best I could do"
 
 
"I built this indoor fire pit. I am going to use this to roast any meat that I get. It's strange to think that there is no point in putting in a fridge or a stove because in a month neither of them are going to work. But me I just say start as you intend to go on so I didn't bother with either"
 
"This is my basement. It took all day to dig out but if.....well.....when the ground out there freezes I wont be able to grow anything outside. But this room is directly beneath the fireplace so it should stay relatively warm in here. I have dug out and laid my sod. And I have room for more when the time comes"
 
 
 
 
"And I just dropped my five hundred dollar phone. But....it doesn't really matter does it? it's not going to work for much longer anyway is it? Things like this just put it into perspective hu? Wait....what was that sound?"
 
"Holy cookie dough! There's a fire!"
 
"Snarfblatt hazle witch, donut holes!" I did not need this today!"
 
 
"My shelter is still standing. Cleaning up the after math. I can not let things like this get to me. These things are going to happen. There is nt going to be a fire department to call. You have to learn to deal with these kind of things yourself. I am probably going to learn all kinds of new skills before this is all over"
 
 
 
"I wanted to get all my planning done before the sun went down so that I could go check out the pond and see if there are any fish in there, but the fire upstairs made that impossible. So now I just want to get my seeds in the ground, that is going to have to be good enough for today"
 
"I got what I know how to plant in the gound. I still have some seeds left but I am not sure what fertilizer to use so I am holding off on those. I did buy some gardening books from the store today so those should help me out"
 
"Starting up the fire pit. I bought some extra fish at the store earlier so I wouldnt go hungry tonight. I have to get to fishing tomorrow because what I bought is only going to last a few days. But those are thoughts for tomorrow.
 
Today is almost done. The sun has set, and its getting pretty dark outside. I think I will go take a peek at the pond before it is to dark to see"
 
"No one knows when it is going to hit exactly. A few hours, a few days. Less than a month for sure. At first I was afraid, like everyone else, but then I just started thinking about what do I have to do next? What do I have to do to survive what is coming? And that is what brought me here. This is where I am going to survive. This is where I am going to live"
 
 
"This is not where I am going to die"
 
"Day one is done guys, I am beat. See you all in the morning"
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment